Frugal Christmas gift ideas can mean many things. To me, it means be very thoughtful about gifts and gift buying. It definitely means spending within a budget, and buying things that the recipient will be pleased to receive.
Oftentimes the thought that a gift represents is very important to the recipient, and the price tag less important.
Frugal can mean homemade presents, with little expense involved. I can remember as a small boy, making little sail boats for my father out of scrap wood and a popsicle stick as the mast, with a piece of triangular paper glued to it for a sail.
I felt so good pouring my love into that gift. So a gift at any price that has that kind of love in it will be well received, I believe.
If you are looking for something a little more sophisticated than my sail boat, but still very economical and practical, then you should read below for 63 gift ideas from Michelle Jones, who has two blogs which are exemplars of frugality and practicality.
And just following that list is a link to an e-book that Michelle has created detailing how she used coupons to save $18,000.00 on groceries. Couponing has always seemed really labor intensive to me, but $18,000.00 represents a lot of mortgage payments to me, and all for $12.95?
Would you like to pass along Michelle's wisdom as an affiliate and make your own income? Check out here affiliate program.
Here's a few of my favorite inexpensive gift ideas...
1. Gourmet coffees with a personal coffee cup
2. Pound of pistachios
3. Child's artwork, framed
4. Journal with special inscription inside
5. Teacup with box of herbal tea
6. Deck of cards and book of card game rules
7. Homemade cocoa mix in a pretty jar
8. Collage of special photos
9. Gel pens and pretty stationary
10. Bottle of sparkling cider
11. Home baked bread, include recipe
12. Disposable camera or rolls of film
13. Basket filled with deli cheese and fruit
14. Craft supplies
15. Holiday serving bowl or platter
16. Pretty basket filled with special jams or mustards
17. Decorative napkins and napkin rings
18. Fancy chocolate bars tied with a ribbon
19. Gardening gloves with a plant or flower seeds
20. Photo album, hand decorated is even better
21. Makeup tote
22. Prepaid photo developing envelopes
23. Homemade cookie mix with instructions for baking
24. Variety of bread mixes
25. Special coffee cup filled with candy
26. Fancy magazines tied together with a pretty ribbon
27. Gourmet popcorn and flavored oil
28. Locally made barbeque or steak sauce with basting brush
29. Pancake or waffle mix and a bottle of real maple syrup
30. Movie theater gift certificates
31. Board games
32. Jar of sourwood or pure honey with biscuit mix
33. Note cards and book of stamps
34. Picture frames, buy them on sale!
35. Specialty cookbook
36. Pretty glass jar filled with candy
37. Collectible sports cards
38. Muffin mixes with muffin pan
39. Books, there are still a few for under $10
40. Set of dish towels and dish cloths
41. Nail polish kit
42. Pretty night shirt
43. Basket filled with kitchen gadgets
44. Video rental gift certificates
45. Pepper mill and fresh peppercorns
46. Handwritten copies of your favorite recipes
47. For the pets, gourmet dog biscuits or cat treats
48. Baking pans and supplies
49. Prepaid long distance phone cards
50. Small clock or radio
51. Pretty box for keepsakes
52. Colorful Post-It notepads
53. Address book
54. Christmas ornaments
56. Blank video or cassette tapes
57. Sewing supplies
58. Flashlight with batteries
59. Favorite quote embroidered on a nice handkerchief
60. Makeup brush set
61. Expensive socks, still under $10
62. Special soaps and bath puff
63. and don't forget my absolute favorite... home baked cookies!
I hope you will be inspired by this list, after all, it's not the amount of money you spend for a gift that matters the most, but that you cared enough to give something special.
Living on a Dime e-books are amazing also. And you can become an affiliate, and make a commission selling Tawra's books. Take advantage of her wisdom, add your own, and make an online living to.
What you get in Tawra's cook books-
For you new comers Dining on a Dime isn’t just a cookbook with one recipe per page and a pretty picture on the next. There really are over 1,000 recipes, ideas, and jokes.
Here are a few things you will find in it besides it being a good basic cookbook; jar mixes, how to make different gift baskets, how to roast sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, make Christmas and other sachets, Cinnamon ornaments, homemade cleaners, salves, lotions, bath salts, lip gloss, baby wipes, skunk smell remover (that really works - ask me how I know), kids things like slime, chalk, play dough.
That doesn’t even include the hundreds of recipes like funnel cakes, fried green tomatoes, granola bars, how to mash potatoes, make ice tea or common sense ideas like freezer tips, how to use leftovers, lists of snacks for kids, menus, cleaning section and so much more.
Living on a Dime E-Books-How Tawra Paid off a Mortage on $20,000.00 Income
When I was beginning my personal growth journey, a wise person told me that when I was feeling resentful or afraid or sad, that I should remember the phrase "gratitude is the attitude" when I was ready to feel better. That phrase has helped me feel better tens of thousands of times.
Would you share what you are most grateful for? Your story could be just what another person is searching for to renew themselves? Thanks.
Or get our
Awaken the higher mental, emotional, and spiritual capacities with Heartmath.
See products we recommend in our Amazon Store
Apr 23, 17 12:20 PM
Looking for information on AARP Senior Health Insurance.
Apr 07, 17 12:54 PM
Senior Life Insurance, Senior term life insurance company, life insurance for senior citizens, senior citizen whole life insurance insurance life senior
Apr 05, 17 09:36 AM
Senior Travel Insurance, and Senior Travel Health Insurance policies are on the rise, come see why.